Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Art of Connecting

“It was by chance that we met, and by choice that we became friends.” Unknown

Have you ever noticed that there’s time in your life when chance draws the most incredible people to you?  The other day I was thinking how LUCKY I am to have made so many fantastic new friends. 
 And since LUCK is really just an intersection of AWARENESS and PREPAREDNESS, meeting the MOST AMAZING PEOPLE hasn’t happened by accident. For me it’s all about being conscious of connecting authentically and from the heart.

First I had to get in touch with myself. I prepared by challenging my limiting beliefs and took action to change them. I really had to S-T-R-E-T-C-H out of my comfort zone and take a leap of faith. I decided that I would no longer be frightened of putting myself out there.

I let go of the paralyzing fear of imperfection and consciously chose a new path. I went to networking meetings in unfamiliar areas and took classes and attended seminars to improve my business and my life. The more I linked with others, the more I got IN TOUCH WITH MYSELF.

My BIG AHA was this -- Not everyone you meet is going to love you and want to be your best friend and vice versa. The important thing is to be your own best friend and go for quality relationships as opposed to quantity! I used to suffer from wanting everyone’s approval. Now I know you’re not always going to get it right, but you aren’t always going to get it wrong, either. There is ART in IMPERFECTION.

How do you get reacquainted with your Self? For me it’s by reading or listening to my favorite music. Another funny way I connect is to sit in a café. (My favorite is Nordstrom’s.) I’m a visual person, so I love to watch the shoppers go by. The energy fuels my creativity.

This week do something to really CONNECT to the CORE of who YOU are. Meditate, hike or do yoga.  Open your heart and do what it takes to create a state of free-flowing bliss.  Challenge yourself to step out of your comfort zone and see how many new friends the Universe brings to you!

For more on how to connect further with yourself ... check out my Amazon suggests in the sidebar.  I love ALL of these picks, but am currently re-reading The Four Agreements by Miguel Ruiz

Also, for short and sweet daily inspiration, sign up for the one-minute meditations!  They're terrific!


5 comments:

  1. Terrific!
    Being connected with self is definitely a prerequsite to great connectedness with others!
    Thank you for the insight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this -- letting go of imperfection and stretching out of comfort zone is the way to success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and timely for me. I am currently exploring ways to connect to myself. I am reading The Fifth Agreement by Don Miguel Ruiz & Don Jose Ruiz. I have The Four Agreements and will be re-reading it also.

    Thank you Nancy!

    Joyce
    http://howtobewellnow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find that I learn more about myself by wathing others and noticing my reaction to them.Thank you, Nancy. Sandra

    http://woccoaching.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete