Saturday, February 27, 2010

Moon and Stars



When I admire the wonder of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in worship of the creator.”  Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, February 28, is a full moon.  Do you remember the last time you looked at the moon and stars? How did it make you feel?  Connected? Like you’re a part of a bigger picture? Like anything you imagine is completely possible?

I know I experience a deep sense of peace and hope when I gaze at the moon and stars.  There is a certain sense of wonder, especially during a full moon.  One cycle is completed and another brand new one is on the way, bringing with it numerous gifts and opportunities to release things that aren’t serving you – let go of guilt, worry, and resentment.  Instead practice forgiveness, acceptance and compassion.

Write down your wishes for the month of March. Look forward to beginning anew.  Will you be present enough to recognize gifts when they arrive?  Or will you be too busy with your to-do list to notice?

This Sunday, give yourself a few moments to really observe the full moon. Take some time to reflect and think back to when you were a kid. Get in touch with your playful side and marvel the limitless possibilities that await you. Look at the moon with someone you love – your partner, your child, a parent, a friend or even your pet.  Take a moment to connect.  Hold hands, give each other a hug or say ‘I love you.’  Whatever feels right, just reach out to one another! 


Remember, your possibilities are infinite as the evening sky!

p.s. – this Sunday, I encourage everyone to say a prayer for hope to those who have been affected by this week’s natural disasters. 

1 comment:

  1. This Sunday was very special for me. I had the opportunity to make a special lunch for my daughter-in-law to celebrate her birthday and the whole family was here. We had good home made food, wonderful conversation, laugh and lots of love and care for one another. I am grateful for the opportunities that I have in life to say "I love you" to all of those that are important in my life.

    ReplyDelete